Updated and Effective: March 11, 2021
- DEFINITION OF “PERSONAL INFORMATION”
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY PROTECTION
- PERIOD OF RETENTION
- ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
- TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
- CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- CONTACT US
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual. This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email address, and information relating to your account with us (as the case may be). It may also include other types of more technical information, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Information that is aggregated and/or de-identified and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
We may receive or gather personal information about you in a variety of ways, including: directly from you, using cookies and other technologies and from third parties.
More specifically, we collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you. When you contact us, normally via our Website or other services including when you contact our customer service teams to make an inquiry; when you create an account; when you purchase or register a product; when you leave a product review; when you elect to receive marketing communications from us; when you follow us on social media; when you participate in promotional gift offers; and when you complete our survey questionnaires.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. Automatically as you navigate through the Services, as further detailed in Section 4 below (“Cookies and Similar Technologies”).
- Other Third Parties. We may collect personal information about you from other sources such as our marketing partners, with your consent or when authorized by law.
When you visit the Website or use the Services, we may collect information about you, including personal information. The following identifies the categories of personal information we may collect about you:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number when you complete an online form or create an account on our Website;
- Other Identifying Information: IP address and other unique online identifiers, social media user names;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Demographic Information: gender, professional or employment information, education status, for example when you apply for a position with us or elect to complete a survey;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or Other Electronic Activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Website, as further detailed in Section 4 below (“Cookies and Similar Technologies”);
- Transactional Information: such as products purchased or viewed on our Website;
- Audio Information: such as when you call customer support;
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behaviour and attitude; and
- Any other information you provide to us, as further detailed in Section 2 below (“How we Collect Information about You”).
As with many other websites and applications, as you navigate through and interact with our Website or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies, online advertising and analytics providers, social media plug-ins, and cross-device tracking.
Through these technologies, we may collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Services, including details of referring websites (URL), traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources of the Services that you access and use.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically includes statistical data and may also include personal information. We may also maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate how individuals access and use our Services.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
To learn more about how to adjust your settings and the choices available to you, please visit Section 12 below (“Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information”).
We may use the following automatic data collection technologies:
Here is some information about the different categories of cookies we may use:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make this Website work. They enable you to move around this Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services that are necessary for you to be able to use the Website cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, such as which pages are visited the most often, how people are moving from one link to another, and if they get error messages from certain pages. Overall, these cookies provide analytical information about how the Website is performing and how we can improve it.
- Targeting Cookies. Targeting cookies are placed on our Website by our advertising partners or other third-party partners to help them deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your computer or device has visited the Website, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites.
Click Stream Tracking. Clickstream or clickstream data reflect the specific web pages visited by an individual user and the manner or traffic pattern by which a user moves from one page to another. We may track and use this information to analyze trends, to understand how our users' habits are similar to or different from one another, to personalize the content, ads, and promotions that you and other users see on our Website, and to administer the Website.
Online Advertising and Analytics Providers. We work with third-party network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers, and other vendors to provide advertisements on third-party websites and elsewhere online and to provide us with information about web traffic on our Website. These service providers may set their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons) and may otherwise collect or have access to information about you (such as usage information and device identifier). We also use Google Analytics, among other search engine tools, to analyze how the Website is used and to monitor its performance. We use the data gathered to diagnose and correct technical issues with the Website and to make improvements based on what users find most interesting or useful.
Social Media Plug-Ins. We offer social media plug-ins for companies that include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. For example, we have Facebook like and share buttons, a tweet button for Twitter, and embedded videos that offer certain interactive features and we and the company track your interactions with these functions. Additionally, even if you do not choose to use these plug-ins, the relevant company may still collect certain tracking information about you and share it with us.
Cross-Device Tracking. We use data analytics companies, advertising networks, or social media companies, and the features they offer, to engage in “cross-device tracking,” which occurs when platforms, publishers, and advertising technology companies try to connect a consumer's activity across smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, and other connected devices. The goal of cross-device tracking is to enable companies to link a consumer’s behaviour across devices.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information received, we will use the information received from other sources or the combined information for the purposes described in Section 5 below (How We Use Your Information).
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, to manage our business operations, for marketing and advertising purposes, and to conduct market research and data analytics. We may also use your personal information for any purpose where you have given your consent and when authorized or required by applicable laws and regulations.
More specifically, we may use your personal information as follows.
Providing you with our products and services:
- To identify you when you contact us and give you the best answer to your questions;
- To provide or manage any information, products, and services requested;
- To complete any registration or other transactions or actions you request online, such as payment processing, including determining eligibility, use, and other benefits;
- To administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders;
- To operate the Services and perform any services associated with the Services, including providing you with technical support and to improve the Services and our products and services;
- To respond to your inquiries on the Services and to facilitate your purchases on the Services.
Managing our business:
- For general administration purposes;
- To enhance the safety and security or performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities;
- To notify you about changes to our services or the Website;
Marketing and advertising:
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you of our products and services;
- Subject to your right to withdraw consent, to send you by marketing e-mails and other materials, either electronically or in hard copy format, to help you enjoy the products you have purchased from us (which may include telephone, voicemail, email, SMS/text messages, or notifications within the Website);
- Subject to your right to withdraw consent, to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from us, surveys, newsletters, and other information;
- To design, develop, and communicate with you about our new features, products, and services, or those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent company and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners;
Market Research and Data Analytics
- To create de-identified information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our Services;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications (including advertising) that we send to you and others;
- To manage lists and conduct demographic matching with other database information.
We may share your personal information we collect from you in connection with the Services within the Groupe SEB group of companies, with service providers, or in the course of the sale or transfer of a business. We may also share personal information for any purpose where you have given your consent or when authorized or required by applicable laws and regulations (for instance, we may have to provide personal information for legal or regulatory purposes or for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies).
More specifically, we may share personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers. We may share personal information with our service providers, who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors, suppliers who provide technology services and solutions, and data management firms or logistic support. The service providers are subject to contractual and other legal obligations to preserve the confidentiality of your information and to respect your privacy, and they will only have access to and use the data they need to perform their functions.
- Sale or transfer of business or other transaction. We may share personal information with a prospective or actual buyer of our company in the event of a takeover, such as a merger, acquisition, or divestitures. In the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information, in compliance with applicable laws.
We also may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
We are dedicated to the security of your personal information, and we take commercially reasonable precautions to maintain that protection. We use physical, electronic, and managerial processes and procedures to attempt to protect the personal information we collect on and offline. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk.
We do not store your full bank data or credit card information on our servers. All bank data and credit card information is processed by our outside financial services provider and all transmissions or transfers of such financial data shall be done only with SSL Secure Lock data security protection.
Our Services are designed and intended for adults. To protect children’s personal information, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) that can be used to specifically identify them and we do not permit persons under the age of thirteen (13) to use the Services. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us using the information listed in the “Contact” section below. You may review and request the deletion of your child’s personal information or prohibit the further use of such information.
We will retain the collected personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using the Website or Services offered thereunder. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from all our systems.
We respect your right to access and rectify your personal information. You may exercise this right by accessing and changing your personal information under my personal information tab in your account or by contacting using the contact information in Section 15 (“Contact Us”).
Your personal information may be transferred to and/or stored outside of Canada, including in the United States and France. As a result, it may be subject to the law of jurisdictions other than Canada, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
Opt-Out Tools: You can also learn more about the options available to you to limit third-party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Website:
- Opt-Out of Interest Based Advertising (National Advertising Initiative);
- Your Ad Choices (Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada);
- Your Online Choices (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance);
- For mobile add users, check out participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada by installing the AppChoices mobile app and selecting the user’s choices.
Google Analytics: You can opt-out by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers. When you turn on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Promotional Offers from us. If you do not wish to receive our marketing emails, you can click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to use or disclose your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us using the contact information in Section 15 (“Contact Us”).
Text Messages and SMS. To opt-out of text messages, reply STOP to the message you received.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, please contact us as indicated below. For any questions, please contact us at:
36 Newmill Gate Unit #2