Number of People
1) Select SOUP mode and set time for 90 minutes. Press START.
2) Add the oil, onions, garlic, ginger and star anise to the pot.
3) Cook with the lid open. After 2 minutes, add the beef cubes. Cook, turning beef occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned.
4) Add the water, tomato, sugar, rice wine and soy sauce. Close the lid and continue cooking.
5) Meanwhile, about 10 minutes before the soup is done, heat a large pot of salted water. Boil the egg noodles for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
6) To serve, divide the hot noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over the beef and broth mixture.
TIP: Remove and discard the star anise before serving the soup.