1. Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth. Blend in crushed wafers. Chill for 15 minutes. Use a small ice cream scoop or rounded tablespoon to scoop into balls. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
2. Fill fryer's removable bowl with enough oil to sit between the MIN and MAX level; preheat fryer to 356F/180C. Set frying basket aside. 3. Batter: Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
4. In small batches, add frozen cheesecake balls to batter, turning to coat completely. Use a fork to lift balls from batter, allowing excess to drip off, and carefully add to fryer.
5. Fry, turning occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel-lined tray.
6. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and drizzled with sauce (if desired).