Number of People
1. Peel shrimp leaving tails on. Toss shrimp with 1/4 cup flour.
2. Whisk remaining flour with baking powder, egg and soda until smooth in a large bowl. Toss coconut and panko in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Holding by tail, dip each shrimp into batter, then coat in coconut mixture. Place on a parchment paper-lined tray; chill for at least 20 minutes (or up to 8 hours).
4. Meanwhile, blend chili sauces with lime juice and zest; reserve in refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Fill fryer's removable bowl with enough oil to sit between the MIN and MAX level; preheat fryer to 356F/180C.
6. Place a single layer of shrimp in the frying basket. Fry shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
7. Serve warm with sauce and lemon or lime wedges on the side (if using).