Number of People
1) Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and slice thinly. Meanwhile, marinate the chicken in wine, salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
2) Select DIY 2 mode and set time for 12 minutes. Add the oil to the pot.
3) Cook with the lid open. Add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 6 minutes or until softened.
4) Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer the chicken mixture to a plate. Press CANCEL.
5) Add the rice to the pot. Top with the chicken mixture. Drizzle with soy sauce.
6) Pour in water up to the 3-cup (white rice cooking) line. Close lid.
7) Choose the RICE TYPE and TEXTURE preferred. Press START.
8) Once done, stir the rice and serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
TIP: For extra flavour, reserve the mushroom soaking liquid and use instead of plain water when cooking.